Spouse/common-law Open Work Permit
Introduction for Spouse/common-law Partner Open Work Permit
Canada always welcomes immigrates for family reunification purpose. You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student. Having an Open Work Permit (OWP) can help reduce the economic and emotional burden of a potentially lengthy application process, as well as allow your spouse or partner to be professionally active and enter the Canadian labour market.
An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need a job offer or a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada when you apply for your work permit.
The length of the work permit will be the same as that of the study permit or work permit of the spouse or partner which can be renewed along with the spouse or partner permit renewal.
Spouse/common-law Partner Open Work Permit Application Requirements
- You are the spouse or common-law partner of international student
- You are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B approved to work in Canada six months or longer
- You have applied for permanent residence in Canada under Inland Spousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
Application Procedures for Spouse/common-law Open Work Permit
Four Steps in Total. Processing time is 3 months (The procedure chart and processing time are only for reference).
Click to share：
- Latest News (7)
Latest Immigration News
- The length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is increased to 5 years for each entry
- Sponsor your spouse, children, and common-law partners / Coming back to Canada / Application and Eligibility
- A safe haven for Hong Kong residents, comparing British and Canadian immigration, Canadian lifeboats, saving money and time
- News: Minister of immigration expressed the need to increase the quota for new immigrants under temporary public policies
- Canadian Lifeboat Program (New Pathway to Permanent Residency for Hong Kong Residents)
Latest Immigration News
For the most reliable, latest, and comprehensive immigration information, please follow us on Tianen News Blog, WeChat, Tianen forum, and other social media.
Let immigration experts take over your immigration plan. Tianen offers personalized service to customers and meets different immigration needs for various clients.