Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
Application is fast, flexible and cost-effective. Contact us to get your best immigration plan for free in time.
QUEBEC IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is the only investment visa category in Canada that will permit the individual to apply without establishing a business. It allows investors to obtain Canadian permanent residence by investing CAD $1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or by financing that investment.
Advantages of the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
- Simplified Application: There is no need to submit a business plan or undertake an exploratory visit for a business project. You may obtain an interview waiver. (Providing that the evidence in your file is sufficiently clear). No language or education requirement.
- Investment without risk: The investment of CAD $1,200,000 is guaranteed by the Quebec government and returned in full after five years. The investment payment will not be required until the approval is granted.
- Passive investment: No active managerial role is required after the investment is made.
- Fast Process: Processing at the Quebec level may take less than 12 months.
- Family included in the application: All immediate members of the candidate’s family (spouse and dependent children) are included in the application and have the same status as the candidate.
- Benefits of permanent resident status: Enjoy the same benefits provided to Canadians like universal health care and free public education, etc. If your child enrolls in a Canadian university, you will save substantial tuition and other fees which are otherwise required by an international student.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program candidates are evaluated based on factors that include education level/areas of training, experience in management, age, language proficiency in French or English, stay and family in Quebec, and the Investment Agreement. The maximum points available are 94 points for applicants with or without a spouse or common-law partner.
Candidates who satisfy the required minimums for two-year management experience and financial investment will only need five additional points to meet the passing score of 40, which can come from Education, Age, Language, Stay in Quebec and Adaptability.
- Minimum net assets worth CAD$2,000,000 gained legally, including personal property, liquid assets, business property and donations given more than six months before an application is filed.
- Qualified management experience for at least two years during the five years preceding the submission of an immigration application in a legal business (agricultural, industrial or commercial), in government or in an international organization or in a legal professional enterprise
- Candidates must sign an investment agreement with an authorized financial intermediary and investing CAD$1,200,000 for 5 years at 0% interest (financing is available through the broker or trust company in the amount of CDN350,000 which is non-refundable).
- Candidates must show their intention to settle in Quebec, meet the medical exam requirements and background check
- Candidates who demonstrate knowledge of French through a standardized test can submit an application at any time.
Documents preparation: Gather documentation supporting your personal net worth and managerial experience. You must also prove the legal, historical accumulation of all your assets.
Quota Allocation: The completed application is reviewed for compliance, by an approved licensed financial intermediary with quota allocations from Quebec immigration authorities.
File number: The application is then submitted to Quebec immigration authorities and a file number is issued by Quebec within 30-days.
Interview or waived interview: A notice of interview or interview waiver takes place within 12 months after submission. A decision takes place within 30 days after interview.
Investment notice: Approved applicants will be requested to make their investment within 110 days of a positive decision.
Obtaining CSQ: After investment you will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This document allows you to apply for permanent residence at the federal level.
Federal Submission: Submit a full application to federal immigration authorities, who will conduct security and medical checks. Depending on the visa office, applications are finalized to visa issuance within a range of approximately 12 months (North America, Western Europe and South America) to 34 months (China).
Confirmation of permanence residence and Landing: After approval, passports are requested and a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is issued to the applicant and dependents. Applicants and dependents must travel to Canada before the expiry date on the COPR document. The COPR will have a validity date near 12-months, corresponding to the 1-year anniversary of the medical exam.
Click to share：
- Latest News (5)
Latest Immigration News
- The length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is increased to 5 years for each entry
- Sponsor your spouse, children, and common-law partners / Coming back to Canada / Application and Eligibility
- A safe haven for Hong Kong residents, comparing British and Canadian immigration, Canadian lifeboats, saving money and time
- News: Minister of immigration expressed the need to increase the quota for new immigrants under temporary public policies
- Canadian Lifeboat Program (New Pathway to Permanent Residency for Hong Kong Residents)
Latest Immigration News
For the most reliable, latest, and comprehensive immigration information, please follow us on Tianen News Blog, WeChat, Tianen forum, and other social media.
Let immigration experts take over your immigration plan. Tianen offers personalized service to customers and meets different immigration needs for various clients.