The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the province to nominate a limited number of qualified applicants from the federal Express Entry system.
Qualified candidates will be selected directly from the Express Entry pool by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Candidates must receive a notification of interest before they are able to submit an application.
The stream is aimed at candidates with strong ties to Alberta who help boost the economy and increase diversity. International graduates will also be invited.
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a family member who is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
The AINP regularly reviews candidates’ profiles in the federal Express Entry pool and issues Notifications of Interest inviting candidates to apply for nomination.
The details of each draw are typically published approximately one month after the date of draw.
The Alberta Opportunity Stream launched in June 2018. It is designed to simplify the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) application process, reduce waiting times and make the system fairer for candidates and employers.
Interested candidates must meet several categories of requirements to qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Stream. Unless otherwise specified, all requirements must be met at the time of submission of application and at the time AINP assesses the application.
1. Residency and Work Permit Requirements
- The valid work permit must be based on either:
* Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
* LMIA exemption via international trade agreements, inter-company transferees, International Experience Canada or Mobilité Francophone.
* Post-Graduate Work Permit.
- The candidates must work in an eligible occupation.
2. Occupation Requirements
- To qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Stream, you must be working in an eligible occupation in Alberta.
- Most occupations under National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B, C and D are eligible under the AINP.
3. Language Requirements
- Candidates applying under NOC 0, A and B must provide a minimum language test score of CLB/NCLC level 5 for each language skill in English or in French.
4. Education Requirements
- Candidates need to have completed a minimum of high school equivalent to Alberta standards.
5. Work Experience Requirements
At the time of your application, you must have:
- Minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months; or
- Minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada and/or abroad within the last 30 months.
*This work experience can be a combination of experience gained in Alberta, in Canada (outside Alberta) and/or abroad.
As a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder, you must have a minimum of 6 months full-time work experience:
- in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months AND
- in an occupation related to your studies for an Alberta approved credential at an Alberta approved institution.
- You must have the required licensing, registration or certification to work in your current occupation in Alberta.
- You must have a bona fide full-time job offer from an Alberta employer to work in your current occupation in Alberta and be working full-time for that employer in Alberta in that occupation.
- Your job offer must be signed by you and your Alberta employer and must offer:
* Continuous, paid work,
* Full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours/week for 12 months,
* Work in your current occupation, and
* Work for an eligible AINP occupation for which you have a work permit that meets AINP work permit requirements.
Click to share:
- Latest News (5)
Latest Immigration News
- The length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is increased to 5 years for each entry
- Sponsor your spouse, children, and common-law partners / Coming back to Canada / Application and Eligibility
- A safe haven for Hong Kong residents, comparing British and Canadian immigration, Canadian lifeboats, saving money and time
- News: Minister of immigration expressed the need to increase the quota for new immigrants under temporary public policies
- Canadian Lifeboat Program (New Pathway to Permanent Residency for Hong Kong Residents)
Latest Immigration News
For the most reliable, latest, and comprehensive immigration information, please follow us on Tianen News Blog, WeChat, Tianen forum, and other social media.
Let immigration experts take over your immigration plan. Tianen offers personalized service to customers and meets different immigration needs for various clients.