Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilot
Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots
The Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots provide in-home caregivers with the opportunity to apply for permanent residency once they have 2 years of eligible work experience in Canada. It also allows their family members to come to Canada to work or study while they get work experience. These are two separate programs, and applications must be made under the specific program your offer and skills are suited to.
- A valid job offer from a Canadian employer
- Language proficiency minimum CLB 5
- Work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes 4411 (Home Child Care Provider) or 4412 (Home Support Workers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations)
- 1 year of Canadian post-secondary education or foreign equivalent
Applying from outside Canada
- Submit applications for permanent residence and work or study permit(s) for yourself and your family.
- Get an occupation-specific work permit to obtain the work experience you need for permanent residence.
- Get work or study permits for your spouse or common-law partner and children to come with you.
- Once completed two years of work experience, submit proof to IRCC to get permanent residence.
Applying from within Canada
Candidates who already have work experience as an in-home caregiver in Canada can choose one of two options:
- Follow the processes outlined above, then complete two years of experience to get permanent residence; OR
- Keep working in Canada with current work permit and apply for permanent residence once 2 years of work experience are complete, provided general requirements are met.
Click to share：
- Latest News (5)
Latest Immigration News
- The length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is increased to 5 years for each entry
- Sponsor your spouse, children, and common-law partners / Coming back to Canada / Application and Eligibility
- A safe haven for Hong Kong residents, comparing British and Canadian immigration, Canadian lifeboats, saving money and time
- News: Minister of immigration expressed the need to increase the quota for new immigrants under temporary public policies
- Canadian Lifeboat Program (New Pathway to Permanent Residency for Hong Kong Residents)
Latest Immigration News
For the most reliable, latest, and comprehensive immigration information, please follow us on Tianen News Blog, WeChat, Tianen forum, and other social media.
Let immigration experts take over your immigration plan. Tianen offers personalized service to customers and meets different immigration needs for various clients.