Alberta Business Immigration
Application is fast, flexible and cost-effective. Contact us to get your best immigration plan for free in time.
The Alberta International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is aimed at international graduates from Alberta post-secondary institutions who want to establish or operate a business in the province.
Candidates must initially establish or operate their business for at least 12 months while in Alberta on a work permit, before being nominated by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program for permanent residence once the terms of a Business Performance Agreement are met.
- Work Experience: Have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience that can be a combination of actively managing or owning the business or equivalencies.
- Education: Have completed at least two years of full-time education in Alberta, resulting in a degree or diploma from a designated post-secondary institution in Alberta.
- Work Permit: Have a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) valid for at least 2 years at the time of your Expression of Interest (EOI) submission.
- Language: Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7
- Business Establishment: Must establish a new business or buy an existing business in Alberta with a minimum 34% ownership. The proposed business type must not be on the list of ineligible businesses.
Steps to Permanent Residence
- Submit an Expression of Interest
Candidates who meet eligibility criteria can submit an Expression of Interest. EOIs will be reviewed and scored within 30 days of submission. The highest-ranking candidates will be requested to submit a Business Application.
- Submit Your Business Application Package
- Business Application assessment
- Establish Your Business in Alberta
- Final Report for AINP Nomination
Candidates selected from the EOI pool must submit a Business Application with 90 days. A non-refundable $3,500 application fee must also be paid.
Once a candidate’s Business Application and supporting documents are received, the AINP will assess the Business Application. If a candidate’s Business Application is approved, they will be sent a signed Business Performance Agreement (BPA). The BPA is a legal agreement between the candidate and the province of Alberta. It must be signed and returned to the AINP in 14 days. After the AINP receives the signed BPA, candidates will be issued a Business Application Approval Letter.
After receiving the Business Application Approval Letter, candidates can live in Alberta and actively own and operate their business for at least 12 months, with at least 34 percent ownership.
Once the conditions of the Business Performance have been met, a final report for nomination is submitted to the AINP. If the final report is approved, the AINP will send a nomination certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and send the candidate a nomination letter. Candidates can then apply for permanent residence to IRCC.
- Managerial experience with an existing farm enterprise；
- Education, training and work experience necessary to develop a sustainable farming business in Alberta；
- A business plan for the farming enterprise to be developed in Alberta；
- Evidence that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise；
- A minimum of $500,000 of equity to invest in the farming enterprise；
- A minimum net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access to these funds.
Click to share:
- Latest News (7)
Latest Immigration News
- The length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is increased to 5 years for each entry
- Sponsor your spouse, children, and common-law partners / Coming back to Canada / Application and Eligibility
- A safe haven for Hong Kong residents, comparing British and Canadian immigration, Canadian lifeboats, saving money and time
- News: Minister of immigration expressed the need to increase the quota for new immigrants under temporary public policies
- Canadian Lifeboat Program (New Pathway to Permanent Residency for Hong Kong Residents)
Latest Immigration News
For the most reliable, latest, and comprehensive immigration information, please follow us on Tianen News Blog, WeChat, Tianen forum, and other social media.
Let immigration experts take over your immigration plan. Tianen offers personalized service to customers and meets different immigration needs for various clients.